Assertive Training Courses
Coming across assertively can be a challenge, particularly when the pressure’s on. We’ll give you the confidence to get your message across, stand up for yourself and show control and influence. This assertive training course is designed specifically for people who want to be more assertive at work.
We guarantee a maximum of 6 people per course
In a nutshell you’ll learn how to…
- Be influential when dealing with challenging people.
- Get your message across in an engaging and confident way.
- Look and act assertively at meetings and presentations.
- Handle conflict diplomatically and professionally.
- Say NO positively when you need to.
- Come across confidently
PLUS receive free access to…
Our post-course confidence resources. A library jam-packed with hundreds of bite-sized videos, downloads and practical exercises. Also enjoy free access to all our Personality Questionnaires including the Reality Check Questionnaire; a unique way of finding out how other people really see you.
Next Assertive Training Dates
14 SEPT 2023
Price: £329 (includes vat)
3 OCT 2023
Price: £329 (includes vat)
22 AUG 2023
Price: £329 (includes vat)
14 SEPT 2023
Our courses work. They make a difference. Here’s what people are saying…
An excellent course. The trainer made me feel very at ease and was incredibly easy to talk to. At no time did he make me feel that I was wasting the group’s time. It was a very small class which made a huge difference. I took away so many new ideas and techniques to actively improve my working life.
Tara Milne, South West Screen
The course was excellent and the trainer was great in spotting what needs to be changed in you to be more assertive.
Jehan, Thomson Reuters
The course gave me the opportunity to face my ‘gremlins’. I felt comfortable and confident to do this because it was such a small group.
Suzanne James, Sentinel Housing
This is a very well thought out and accessible course. We had opportunities to practise and reflect on our assertiveness skills. I walked out with an action plan to implement change. Excellent!
Charlotte Millar, WWF
Great location and the trainer was excellent. He managed to involve everyone without forcing people to do too much or feel uncomfortable. Some very positive points to take away.
Richard Hill, Private Individual
I loved the personal approach. I have learnt a lot about myself and the right way to be assertive without appearing defensive. Finding out how others see me was an eye-opener and a catalyst for change. I have gained a tremendous amount from today. Thanks for a great, memorable day.
Gareth Filer, Monitise Group
I found the course to be excellent. Full of useful hints and tips. It has changed my complete way of thinking and working for the better.
Lisa Calinson, Next Plc
All our testimonials are taken directly from our course exit questionnaires
Assertive Training Course Overview
We guarantee there will never be more than 6 people per course. Why? Because we want to focus on your specific challenges. We want you to get everything you can from the day.
Our assertive training gives delegates the skills to be assertive in work situations. Delegates learn how to use different behaviours to deal assertively with colleagues, managers, suppliers and customers. They discover how to influence people and maintain a positive working relationship, even when someone challenges their opinion or disagrees with them.
Who Should Attend
The course is suitable for all levels of seniority. It’s beneficial for anyone who struggles to assert themselves in challenging work situations and wants to be more influential with colleagues, managers, clients or suppliers.
Assertive Course Overview
- Course objectives and overview.
- Identifying what constitutes ‘assertiveness’ in a work environment.
Understanding your natural assertiveness style
- Revealing if your natural communication style is helping or hindering you being assertive.
- Discovering your instinctive assertiveness style when you’re under pressure.
- Knowing how and when to adapt your assertiveness style to really influence a challenging situation in the workplace.
- Exploring different ways to be assertive and influential in work situations.
- Understanding the passive and active sides of assertiveness.
- Using your body language and voice assertively to get people to listen to you and respect your opinion.
- Focusing your message and knowing what you want to achieve.
- Using positive language even when communicating messages people don’t want to hear.
- Finding a way to enthuse people by making your message positive even when they disagree with you.
Confidence and assertiveness
- Feeling comfortable and having confidence when presenting your opinion assertively to seniors.
- Overcoming shyness when speaking in front of a group at work meetings.
- Turning nerves or anxiety into positive traits that actually help, rather than hinder you when you need to be assertive.
Assertiveness in practice
- Saying ‘No’ assertively when a work colleague asks you to do something that will affect your other priorities.
- Using work meetings as a focus for adopting assertive behaviour.
- Dealing with conflict assertively and sensitively.
- Developing a personal assertiveness action plan focused specifically on your work responsibilities.
Main Topics Covered
Knowing how you come across
To be assertive, it’s essential to know how you really come across to people. Is your self-perception the same as other peoples perception of you? Most people are surprised to discover that they don’t come across in the way they think they do.
Adapting your instinctive behaviour
You’ll work out how assertive you are naturally. You’ll discover your instinctive communication style and how making subtle tweaks to your style can make a massive difference when you need to be assertive with colleagues, clients or suppliers.
Being assertive in challenging situations
We’ll show you the different types of assertive behaviour you can use. You’ll understand how to adapt the way you come across to suit the situation. You’ll learn to deal with challenging situations and people without coming across as aggressive.
How to engage people using your body language and voice
During this part of the course you’ll find out how to use your body language and voice to your advantage. We’ll share some simple proven techniques which help you to look and feel assertive.
Enthusing people when the pressure’s on
Assertive body language has to be supported by assertive language. You’ll discover how to prepare properly before you speak, even when you’ve only got a few seconds. You’ll find out how to give feedback positively and how to enthuse people, even when they disagree with you. We’ll show you how to say No diplomatically.